Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Young Women Manual Lesson 8 Eternal Families


This weeks Young Woman's Freebie was made from the kit "Families are Forever". This weeks lesson focuses on "Eternal Families" In the lesson is this story.

Janet was in a dilemma. Tom had asked her to marry him. They had been dating for about a year and were very much in love. Janet had thought that the happiest day of her life would be when Tom asked her to be his wife. But the day had come and Janet felt unsettled. She hadn’t given him a definite answer but had told him that she would answer the next day. What was worrying her? Tom was an elder in the Church and had said that if she wanted to, they would be married in the temple. He hadn’t been able to hold a position in the Church for a while because of his work, but he had promised that he would change after they were married.

Janet remembered that her patriarchal blessing said something about the person she was to marry, so she got it out and began to read: “The time will come when your hand will be sought in marriage. I bid you pray earnestly that you may have wisdom to choose among those who seek your hand one who is worthy. By these tokens you will know the one whom the Lord would approve. He will be clean of body and mind. He will hold the holy priesthood and yearn to take you to the temple and there be sealed to him, and him to you for time and all eternity.” Janet knew that Tom did not meet all these requirements. She knew he was not one of whom the Lord would approve.

I think back to when I was dating just out of high school this guy and I had been dating off and on for 7 years. We would break up and then get back together months sometimes even years later. I always thought we would get married and live happily ever after! The last time we dated he knew how important the church was to me. He knew he wouldn't be able to take me to the temple and give me the life I wanted. He didn't want to hold the priesthood or even honor it. So we decided that we would break up yet again. At the time I had never thought of serving a mission and it had crossed my mind several times. I prayed and knew that was what my Heavenly Father wanted for me. I met with the Bishop and sent in my papers. I served for an amazing 18 months in The CHILE SANTIAGO WEST MISSION. When I got home he had married and moved on with his life. I went on met and married a wonderful guy that loved me and was willing to honor his priesthood.

We need to remember that although it may seem right I mean after 7 years who would have thought we would end up with someone else and be happy! But when we do our Father in Heavens will we are blessed we may not see the blessings when make that decision that is so hard. But there are many blessings that come if we listening and follow the direction we are given!

Download the freebie here.
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Hi...I like the handout and want to download it but the link directs me to the lesson 7 file. Can you change it so i can save lesson 8? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie for pointing that out. It's been fixed. Enjoy the handout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Feb. 14, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the second picture, where there is a gold area, it says something about "Seaafast & Immovable" and wondered if that was supposed to be "steadfast and immovable"? And then, I am wondering what the "50 papers, 104 elements....." is all about (what does it mean?)? And also, I like the 1st picture, and the second. How are they meant to be used? As a handout with the lesson #8?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caucasion, versus "caucasian". I think that's a typo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this article. Sister Erika, I believe that you would receive many blessings by doing this great work.

    ReplyDelete