Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Young Women Manual 3 Lesson 35: Dating Decisions



Young women you need to start now and decide what your dating standards will be when you are old enough to start dating. 
“Begin to prepare now for a temple marriage. Proper dating is a part of that preparation.
“In cultures where dating is appropriate, do not date until you are sixteen years old. Not all teenagers need to date or even want to. …
“When you begin dating, go in groups or on double dates. Avoid pairing off exclusively with one partner. Make sure your parents meet and become acquainted with those you date. Later the time will come for choosing just one. You may occasionally want to invite your dates to activities with your family.
“Plan positive and constructive activities when you are together. Do things that help you get to know each other. Be careful to go to places where there is a good environment, where you won’t be faced with temptation.
“Because dating is a preparation for marriage, date only those who have high standards, who respect your standards, and in whose company you can maintain the standards of the gospel of Jesus Christ” (For the Strength of Youth, p. 7).
Some guidelines that you may suggest to your young women. 
  1. I will date only those young men who live Church standards.
  2. I will attend only activities that meet Church standards.
  3. I will save physical intimacies for marriage.
  4. I will uphold high standards of modesty in my dress, language, and actions.
  5. I will make a list of personal qualities that I would like the young men I date to possess.
  6. I will return home from each date clean and unashamed.
  7. I will discuss my dating activities with my parents.

    Find the kit Best Friends in Love here
    Download the handout here.




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment